Monday, September 19, 2011

Sewing madness!

Last week (since the kids were born) I had a whole day to myself. I spent it just sewing. It sure was nice to be able to get things accomplished all in one day.

I first started out with ottobre 4/2006 #8 Velour pants for my niece's 2nd birthday. I love the design of these. They have a unique oval shape in the rear, on a traditional pants pattern. I did leave out the leg elastic as I'm not a huge fan of it as well as the topstitching.
Here's the back view of them.

Ottobre 4/2006 #8 Velour pants back view
Here's the front view of them



Ottobre 4/2006 #8 Velour pants front

I also got three new pairs of the New Look 6411 done for ds1

New look 6411

New look 6411

New Look 6641 Pants

I also sewed up Ottobre's 6/2009 #36 Mocking Bird Nightdress for my niece's Christmas present. It's made out of pink interlock with a scrap of jersey/lycra knit for the sleeves, black ribbing and coverstitch in contrasting pink and black stitching. I love the end result!



Ottobre 6/2009 #36 Mocking bird Nightdress

I decided that it didn't need any embroidery or applique to the front of it, so instead added a cute little princess crown handmade label to it.


Handmade label for nieces christmas present

I also made a pair of capris from Ottobre Woman 5/2010 #20 Clara capris. I still have to add the elastic to the waistband and topstitch the waistband done but it is mostly down. I made it out of 100% poly knit terry. It's really comfortable but threads love to stick to it - hum....note to self don't sew with them on!


Ottobre woman #20 Clara capris -unfinished yet

No comments:

Post a Comment