Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ottobre Orava Sweatpants

Orava Sweatpants w/ Raglan tshirt

These are made from the 4/2010 issue of ottobre. The design changes I made were adding the strips of fabric on the front of the pants and leaving off the back pockets. They are made from orange and brown organic bamboo valour that I had left over from ds2 diapers I made. Brown organic cotton ribbing accents the top and bottom legs. I can't seem to explain how muchI hate sewing with this fabric but the results are beyond my expectations. It's a very light weight fabric and you need to give yourself an generous seam allowance especially when serging it as it likes to curl. Given that this is a valour you can't iron it too much without distorting the pile of the fabric.
I also teamed this up with the Raglan tshirt from 2/2005 with
the same materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment